Monday, June 23, 2008

Mid Year Storm

Saturday was a really dark day, well I meant the skies, as a storm was scheduled to hit the Metro, I dunno, by tomorrow? Haven't really watched the news lately, but I do know Bicol region is taking a pounding and is up to signal number 3. Brutus is already covered and ready anyway. Jay came over to check out some of my wirings and we'd be replacing a couple of components with the bike by next weekend. I happen to have a blast with my godchild Reese along with Corie, who patiently waited for Jay to finish doing his thing. Sorry I didn't snap any photos.

I also got word from my good friend Shad de Guzman about Grandmaster Nap suffering a stroke and is in QC General Hospital. Master Nap is the founder of YAW-YAN, a lethal Filipino martial art proven in and outside the ring. I hope he pulls through. (As of the moment, he is out of the hospital and is recuperating at home.)

The storm did hit past midnight Sunday and the wind was howling. I stayed up late through 4AM, ready for anything that might happen. Objects were slamming on the roof, the trees outside were really dancing the jig and I kept looking outside checking to see if the van was still intact as it was parked out on the street in the storm. A brownout followed that lasted for 5 hours, but it brought back childhood memories of fun times during brownouts in the middle of a storm. That afternoon greeted me with a bad case of migraine and flu which left me incapacitated till Monday morning - where the first signs of clear weather greeted us. Once again we were carried through another storm and are thankful for blessings of safety and the roof over our heads.

I hope everyone else made it safely through. Though I hear a ship sank somewhere of the coast. Once can never imagine what those people and their relatives are going through right now.

Be well everyone. Oh, and a happy thanksgiving birthday Boogie ;)