Monday, June 2, 2008

Free Sitters Suck

When I got back to the parking lot and prepared to roll out, I slumped on my seat when I sat on it. Clearly there was a clean break INSIDE the seat. Whoever the fat bastard was that had the nerve to sit on my seat while it was peacefully parked in the guarded lot must have been one big-ass mutha.

Ok so what to do? Confront the guard? I don't want to implicate anyone. Better keep it to myself. I'm giving the guards the benefit of the doubt. Especially that big one. He's had a tough day already I thought, "Just sit your ass down towards the rear springs and you'll do fine." So on the ride home my mind was already grinding out some blueprints. I had to fabricate a steel support running from the front screws towards the back perpendicular to the springs. Good thing I bought some steel strips at my local shop so I can just TIG weld the darn thing. It came out exactly measured out to the seat's specs. What started out as a seemingly unfortunate event - elicited a solution to the bounce I get from the previous seat setup. The middle just after the last front screw was taking the full weight. It was just right for me, but not for the culprit. The new brace was the perfect solution. It is much more stable now.

I've had cases like that when I park in front of fast foods and eat outside a good distance from the bike - other enthusiasts buzz around it, bending over the details, twisting the throttle, squeezing the clutch, finger painting the flamed tank and rear fender and finally, violating property by sitting and feeling the stretch my apes have. Oh yeah, they bounce on the shocks too. I've never been one to make a scene. I just watch without them knowing. But this is just the kind of character these people exhibit that I despise. I mean just because the seat is exposed doesn't mean you can sit on it, freak.. I'm thinking of rigging the darn thing with a tazer shock that goes off when you make contact with the bike. Somewhere around 20,000 volts and up would be really fun.