Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saturday Quickies

After being the Sunday family driver I rode out to Gil's late in the afternoon. He just came from Silang, Cavite test driving a sports bike sold to him for just 100K. Sliding clutch problem but a fine bike none the less. It's always amusing to walk amidst all the laid out bikes and parts in his garage, which never seem to run out of spare engines. A veritable yard of potential project bikes is practically hidden here. Dunking forks into a full plate of spaghetti we rode out to catch the remaining light of day.

I always kick myself in the head for not bringing my camera on such small rides. It's when I get to behold the best picture worthy moments and instances that I would have loved to see over and over again. The setting sun was at its best for this month and we were riding towards it. Bliss.

Four stops around Mall of Asia's crossings and a blast along the seaside at the back and we breezed through on out towards the old Coastal mall where we checked out some awesome masks. I didn't know there were still people here, except for some pirated DVD stalls and Ukays this building is ready to be torn down. Practically dead. I took a walk along its greenish halls trying to find the restrooms which turns out to be textbook material. Slabs of plywood covering the urinals. The drive around it was all rocks and soil. MOA's presence killed this landmark. We left under a drizzling cloudy sky. Couldn't help but feel sorry for it, so I just stowed the experience inside. At least I got to visit, even before anything else.