Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bike Incontinence

Some of us go to great lengths checking up everything and anything on our bikes before we roll out of the garage and into our everyday business, but there are some things that will just go wrong on its own. Bikes also suffer incontinence. On my way to a client meet a trike driver called my attention to look under the bike. Lo and behold, Brutus was pissing like a carriage-pulling-horse along old Binondo. I had to pull over to the side and called up Doctor Jay who explained to me why the sudden occurrence. I then called up my ever reliable towing service and buzzed Gil ahead to wait for it. I've had them service me in the most dire situations where the bike would just stubbornly sit there and refuse to start. What's more, since I've already went out of my way to meet a client, I just had them deliver the bike to Pablo's over at Domestic - just like that, so I can go on with my errand. A few minutes later while I was having my late lunch by 2PM I got a text message saying that the bike was already at the shop. Good one mates!

More on the shop progress sometime soon. Whenever.