Friday, August 15, 2008

Sooner Or Later

Moonwalk over at ParaƱaque may have been once a lake 2,000 years ago.

Then they made a subdivision out of it. Whichever way you choose to get to it when it pours:
  • Via Multi - flood on both access roads - thigh high.
  • Via Bicutan - flood at Arandia.
  • Via Merville service road -flood - knee high.
  • If you do get past the service road via toll gate, Buensuceso - flood - thigh high.
Talk about living in a catch basin. Even the entrance to our street gets flooded just below the knee. We're almost always boxed in when it rains. Either you can't get home, or you can't get out. But I'd take water anytime compared to snow.

I made the mistake of trusting the sunny afternoon weather and took the bike to work, only to come home soaking, tired and hungry after a 3 and a half hour trip home in what usually was a 50 minute ride. I don't have a problem riding in the rain, but I did make a wise call stopping under Caltex Boni for about a hour of Sudoku before hauling ass. Only to be stumped again down south. Now I know how Billy Lane felt when he said, "so near and yet so far."

I should've just stayed in the office and slept it off I thought. But.. I'm home now typing this with sand all over my back and behind my ears. A nice warm bath is a nice idea. Wait, I just remembered I have no water heater.

Now my chucks are all soggy and crunchy at the same time. Time to clean up the brute, scrub the rubbers and blowdry the wirings.